I am continuing the series with the outlook on the services project managers should provide. These are all basic services and other services can be included, if both parties agree upon.
- Help define or decide upon Function, Construction, Standard and Design of the project. Also help define the organization, quality, cost, deadlines, contracts and insurance for the project.
- Prepare the contracts with the rights and duties of the client.
- Obtain the necessary approvals, consents and permissions for the project.
- Conflict management for the involved (as they a´have different interests) on project-related qualities, costs and terms.
- Participants must integrate their content to other plans.
- They must investigate alternative options.
- Guide project meetings at executive or board level to prepare/make decisions.
- Conduct negotiations with project-related, contractual or public-law binding effects for the client.
- Be the central project contact point. Take care of the decision/action catalog.
- Representation of users, the investor, and the public interest.
These services are defined from the AHO §9 Tafelbuch. Very straightforward.